Changes to Terms and Conditions of Sale and Privacy Policies
On 16th October 2001 we amended clauses 2, 8a, 8b, 29e and 29f of the Terms and Conditions of Sale. We have also amended our Privacy Policies to confirm that we offer you the chance to opt out of receiving marketing materials from us and to unsubscribe from any email lists you are on, and also to make it clear that when you order books we need to pass on your contact details to third parties to fulfil your order.
The Editor, dk.com
Dorling Kindersley Limited
Or send an email
Our approach to your privacy
We do not ask you to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable you to participate in an activity on our web site and to ensure that our web site is in keeping with our customers' needs.
We do not generally disclose personal information we have collected from you through this web site to third parties. We may do so sometimes, in which case we will say so when the information is collected and you will be able to inform us that you do not want us to do this. This will not stop you enjoying the site, you can simply tell us that you are happy for us to have the information so you can take part in the activities we offer, but that you do not want us to pass that information on.
The information we collect and how we use it
- When you subscribe to receive any of our email newsletters we ask for your email address so that we can send you the material that you want.
- On all informative emails and newsletters that we send, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
- When you enter competitions, we ask you for your name, email and residential address. This is so that we can let you know if you have won anything, send you your prize and let other people (such as other users of our web site, the public and our own employees) know about our competitions and their winners.
- When you send e-postcards, we will ask you for your name and email address so we can let whoever receives the postcard know who sent it.
- When you submit reviews for display on the site, we ask for your name (as you would like us to publish it) and your email address (which we will not publish) so we can contact you in relation to your review. If you plan to submit a review to the site, please take note of your obligations under clause 6 of the General Terms and Conditions of this web site.
- When you purchase products online, we will need to pass on your name, address and payment details to the third parties who help us to fulfill your order. For further details about information security on this site, please see our Safe Shopping Policy
We only keep the personal information you submit for these purposes until we have made use of it in these ways.
We track the following information on this site anonymously, or as 'aggregate' data: users' ISP's, the domain names of the pages from which users come to our site, users' browsers and operating systems.